Introduction and Eligibility
- Information on how to enter and the prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Event being promoted is The Business of Events Conference to be held on 7 and 8 February 2019 to be held at Sheraton on the Park, 161 Elizabeth Street, Sydney 2000 (“Venue”).
- The Promoter is Exhibitions and Trade Fairs Pty Ltd, ABN 72 101 130 527 (“Promoter”) of 5/21 South Street, Rydalmere, NSW, 2116 (“Promoter’s Offices”).
- Participation in this promotion is open to professional and business people who: (a) are 18 years and older; (b) are engaged in the events industry (“Industry”); (c) complete the registration process; and (d) provide requested contact or other information and comply with the Promotion’s how to enter requirements (“Eligible Person”).
- The Promotion starts on 23 October 2018 and closes on 30 November 2018. (“Promotion Period”).
How to Enter
6. To participate in the Promotion each Eligible Person must register and pay to attend The Business of Events Conference and correctly insert the designated promotion code (‘TBOELAURA’) into the space provided during the Promotion Period.
Determination of Winners and Notification
7. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining a winner.
8. The first 50 Eligible Persons to enter the Promotion will be invited to attend a meet and greet opportunity with Ms Laura Schwartz to be held at the Venue on Friday 8 February 2019 between 08:00 – 09:00.
9. The prize does not include, accommodation or any other travel expenses to attend the Event.
10. The prize is valued at approximately $150.00.
11. The winners will be notified via phone and/or email on Monday 3 December 2018.
12. Where the Promoter has taken all reasonable steps to notify a winner of their prize without success, the prize will be held for 14 days and if unclaimed will be retracted. The Promoter will then award the prize to the next Eligible Person who has complied with the How to Enter requirements. This winner will be notified via phone or email.
Privacy and Use of Information
14. The winner consents to the use of their name & image in any media without remuneration for the purposes of promoting the Event and future Events or the business, products & services of the Promoter.
General Matters and Exclusion of Liability
15. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries & entrants & disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
16. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter may, to the fullest extent permitted by law & subject to any written directions from a relevant authority, modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
17. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage – whether direct, indirect, special or consequential – arising in any way out of this Promotion or the awarding or use of a prize.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications arising from the prize. The winner should seek independent financial advice as to such implications.