CEO, Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
Terese is currently the CEO of the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. Prior to this, Terese was the Executive Director of Performance Space in Sydney and the Director, Arts Organisations at the Australia Council for the Arts. She has held senior management and leadership positions at the La Boite Theatre Company, Bundanon Trust, Australian Theatre for Young People, Belvoir Street Theatre, Circa Ensemble, Sydney Film Festival and the Australian Film Commission. Between 1999 and 2002 Terese worked at the Australia Council in several roles including International Audience and Market Development and with the Theatre Board.
10. 35 am – 11.35 am | Thursday 7th February 2019
Panel: The Business of Making an Australian Event an International Success: lessons learnt from successful high profile events produced in Australia which have both local and international audiences
Terese will take part in an opening panel that will ‘set the scene’ on the business aspect of the events sector within Australia. Taking the position of CEOs who lead high profile successful events and senior level influencers to and within the sector, the panel will discuss the highs and lows of the events business and what we’re doing right (and wrong) with Australia’s position within the global marketplace. The focus will be on lessons learned and how you can apply this to your business to also achieve success.
Session Take Outs:
- key areas and strategies to succeed
- what to do to avoid failure
- the ins and outs of the Australian market, including growth opportunities
- how to leverage and capitalise on the growing Chinese market
- how to approach expansion into international markets, including marketing internationally to grow audiences