CEO, Visit Sunshine Coast
CEO of Visit Sunshine Coast, Board member of Sunshine Coast Major Events Board and Association of Australian Convention Bureaux, Simon is also Chairman of the Queensland Regional Tourism Organisation Committee and is a member of Queensland Tourism Industry Council Tourism Workforce Steering Committee, Australia China Business Council Tourism Working Group, Sunshine Coast Business Awards Management Committee as well as the Sunshine Coast Chamber Alliance Management Committee.
Simon has been involved at senior levels in the marketing and development of regional tourism destinations such as The Margaret River Region in WA and the Whitsundays and Sunshine Coast in Queensland.
9:40am | Dare to think Differently
‘Events’ describe a wide range of activities from conferences to community days, gala dinners to festivals.
Planning an event can often be formulaic, following a list of priorities to reach a result. But events can be so much more – they have the power to change perceptions and behaviours, they can connect us in a world where technology is driving isolation, they can educate and enlighten us.
The panel of industry leaders come from diverse backgrounds within the events sector, and will challenge you to think bigger, push the boundaries and open your mind to new ideas. Drawing on their own experiences they will openly share ideas and answer your questions on how you can unlock the value and deliver a lasting positive impact at your next event.
- What questions should you be asking to push your event to the next level?
- How to identify your event strengths and maximise them?
- Does technology assist with unlocking the impact of your event?
- Leveraging your environment to enhance your event experiences
- Understand how to develop measurement tools to validate business strategies around events
- Discover exciting tools and techniques to enhance the outcomes of your event