Co-CEO, Disruptors Co
Joanne Jacobs is an award-winning digital strategist and company director, and she is the Co-CEO (with Gavin Heaton) of Disruptors Co (formerly Disruptor’s Handbook), a firm that facilitates innovation in enterprise. She is on the NSW Government Digital Advisory Panel, and she is an active mentor of startups. In her career, Joanne has worked in London where she ran a social media production house, and she was a consultant in social networking technologies, as well as a professional speaker, business coach, trainer and strategist for digital marketing practices. Joanne also has a long history in academia and she was co-editor with Axel Bruns of the book, Uses of Blogs (2006).
2:00pm | Creativity takes Courage
In an industry that has never been more competitive, to attract your audiences’ attention, you must dare to be different. This session gives you the opportunity to step into the minds of a number of successful creative professionals to see how they do things differently.
- Growing events by doing things differently.
- How and why you need to deliver more consumer-centric experiences.
- The importance of developing capability in critical and creative thinking.
- Creative and strategic tools to flip the traditional and stereotypical event.
- Tips from the professionals on how to maintain focus and productivity under enormous pressure.