National CEO, Australia China Business Council
Helen started her career as a corporate lawyer at international law firms both in Australia and overseas. In Australia, Helen worked in the China practice of MinterEllison, and then moved to Moscow and Kazakhstan to work for Clifford Chance, acting for European and American clients participating in the privatisation of former Soviet state industries. After returning to Australia, Helen worked as in-house counsel with Alcoa and Telstra, and then moved into senior management roles at Australia Post and ANZ Bank.
10. 35 am – 11.35 am | Thursday 7th February 2019
Panel: The Business of Making an Australian Event an International Success: lessons learnt from successful high profile events produced in Australia which have both local and international audiences
Helen will take part in an opening panel that will ‘set the scene’ on the business aspect of the events sector within Australia. Taking the position of CEOs who lead high profile successful events and senior level influencers to and within the sector, the panel will discuss the highs and lows of the events business and what we’re doing right (and wrong) with Australia’s position within the global marketplace. The focus will be on lessons learned and how you can apply this to your business to also achieve success.
Session Take Outs:
- key areas and strategies to succeed
- what to do to avoid failure
- the ins and outs of the Australian market, including growth opportunities
- how to leverage and capitalise on the growing Chinese market
- how to approach expansion into international markets, including marketing internationally to grow audiences