Managing Director, Milestone Creative Australia
Founder of Milestone Creative Australia, Alana is a specialist in strategy and marketing of major events, festivals, tourism, business events, creative industries and the arts. Her 25 year career spans strategic planning, branding, event acquisition, tourism development, event development and destination marketing.
She is active in the industry, is on the Board of Directors of Meetings and Events Australia (MEA) and is an Accredited Fellow Member of MEA (AFMEA).
Alana was named Sales, Marketing or Business Development Person of the Year at the Meetings & Events Australia National Awards in 2018 and 2019. Milestone also won the National Award for Event Marketing and was a National Finalist in the Australian Event Awards and the Event Marketing Awards for Best Integrated Marketing Campaign.
4:00pm | Impact of the Future
Industry 4.0 is affecting almost every industry worldwide and is rapidly transforming how businesses operate. This transformation has the potential to provide a major boost to Australia’s economic competitiveness and will have an impact on the events industry.
This panel brings together leaders to uncover exactly what will be impacting the events we deliver in the next twelve months and beyond. How do we plan for these innovations and influences including wellness, personalisation and globalisation?
- The effect technology has on event experiences and attendance.
- Must-have event elements.
- Exceeding event expectations of speed, value, wellness and environment.
- Explore the idea of creative ownership within the events industry and capitalise on agency/client partnerships.
- Discuss the big picture – factors impacting memorable, interactive experiences and event outcomes.
- Unique ways sponsors can increase attendance.