Managing Director, Milestone Creative Australia
Founder of Milestone Creative Australia, Alana is a specialist in strategy and marketing of major events, festivals, tourism, business events, creative industries and the arts. Her 25 year career spans strategic planning, branding, event acquisition, tourism development, event development and destination marketing.
Alana has been instrumental in the development and marketing of the largest and most prestigious major events, festivals, precincts, venues, destinations, arts organisations and corporates across Australia and overseas.
She is active in the industry, is on the Board of Directors of Meetings and Events Australia (MEA) and is an Accredited Fellow Member of MEA (AFMEA).
Alana was named Sales, Marketing or Business Development Person of the Year at the Meetings & Events Australia National Awards in 2018 and 2019. Milestone also won the National Award for Event Marketing and was a National Finalist in the Australian Event Awards and the Event Marketing Awards for Best Integrated Marketing Campaign.
4:00pm | Impact of the future
Industry 4.0 is affecting almost every industry worldwide and is rapidly transforming how businesses operate. This transformation has the potential to provide a major boost to Australia’s economic competitiveness and will have an impact on the events industry.
This forward thinking closing panel brings together leaders in their respective fields to uncover exactly what will be impacting the events we deliver in the next twelve months and beyond. How do we plan for these new innovations and influences including wellness, personalisation and globalisation?
This lively discussion will cover the many changes and challenges within the industry from creative ownership to the tendering process, sponsorship to audience engagement technology. The future looks bright for those who are prepared and ready to embrace it!
- Learn how to maximise the opportunities the future has for your events and audiences
- Understand what effect technology is having on our event attendees experiences and attendance, and what are their expectations in terms of speed, value, wellness and environment?
- Explore the idea of creative ownership within the events industry and ways to best manage agency / client partnerships.
- Discuss the various factors impacting on creating memorable, interactive experiences driving attendee engagement and ultimately event outcomes.
- Consider ways to increase attendee numbers and event revenue.