Find out how to push your event to the next level: the questions, tools and strategies to knowPosted on November 12th, 2019 in Media Release
Knowing the right questions to ask, the tools to use and how to strategise will help you take your event to the next level.
This is part of what the opening panel session at The Business of Events 2020 will explore in-depth, with only 50 pre-sale tickets remaining.
Albert Kruger, Event Director at organiser Exhibitions & Trade Fairs (ETF), said, “At The Business of Events conference, our opening panel consists of six industry leaders, all from various sectors, who will share how to deliver a positive impact at your next event by unlocking its value.
“Some of our panellists are very well known, while the work of others will be better known than their names. All have wide-ranging, in-depth experiences they will draw on, generously sharing ideas and answering questions from the floor.
“For instance, the panel will examine how to identify your event’s strengths so you can maximise them; which exciting tools and techniques you can use to enhance outcomes, and where technology fits with that; and how to enhance your event experiences by leveraging your environment.
“Of course, events have a purpose, so another important focus the panel has is on helping delegates understand how to develop measurement tools to validate your organisation’s business strategies around each event it holds.”
On the six-member panel are:
- Stuart Frank, Director, Strategic Events Asia Pacific, Salesforce: in 25+ years, Stuart has worked on a broad spectrum of B2B and B2C events throughout Asia Pacific for associations, PCOs and agencies, with the past 13 years in global technology organisations. His work on the two-decade-old Salesforce World Tour has seen the internationally recognised event draw over 14,000 attendees, with participation from the world’s biggest brands.
- Simon Latchford, CEO, Visit Sunshine Coast: has worked at senior levels in marketing and developing many regional tourism destinations (g.: WA’s Margaret River, the Whitsundays and Sunshine Coast), developing strong regional brands, resulting in record international tourism figures and expenditure generated through events.
- Felippe Diaz, Business Director, George P Johnson: has worked with global brands for 15+ years, planning and implementing successful marketing and communications campaigns. His focus is on creating event experiences that fuel passion, including the Invictus Games, and for YSL, IBM, Toyota, In-n-out Burgers and Optus.
- Shireen Da Costa, National Conference Manager, Housing Industry Association (HIA): pushes the boundaries to create events for a traditionally non-conferencing industry, growing HIA’s revenue and membership engagement rate along the way. In her 15 years in events, Shireen has helped create large-scale interactive events in the tourism, FMCG and IT sectors.
- Paul Boustani, General Manager, made by Merivale: focuses on the art of event impact through styling and interactive food installations. Paul’s work has covered a month-long pop-up restaurant at the Opera House, corporate Christmas parties for 3000+, international ceremonies for high-ranking officials, inbound incentive gala dinners and wedding planning.
- Venessa Cowell, Head of Food Events, Nine Entertainment: leverages her event environment to enhance experiences in more than 50 events annually that draw one million attendees, including Good Food Month, The Night Noodle Markets, Australia’s Top Restaurants Awards, The Curated Plate Festival and more. Vanessa’s focus is on developing hospitality, tourism, food, and destination events.
ETF’s Albert Kruger said, “This opening panel, ‘Unlocking the impact of your next event’, is an excellent start to the second iteration of The Business of Events.
“Held at Sydney’s Luna Park, The Business of Events 2020 is the only industry conference in Australia that focuses on the strategic planning and commercial side of the events business. With just 50 pre-sale tickets now left, don’t miss out on the special prices for this unique learning experience.”
Book pre-sale tickets now to take advantage of the special prices.